2014 -- Bucket List

by - 7:31 PM

You know what's hurtful?

When you're in the midst of a several hours long marathon of your favorite distraction on Netflix and right as a new episode is beginning, as the theme song is playing -- boom! It pauses and a nasty little message appears.

"Are you still watching _______?"
and then it cackles menacingly and you know you're being taunted.

We all know what that really means - "Lady, listen. I'm a robot and I know you've been parked in front of your TV for 5 hours now. You're not really this pathetic.....are you!?"

Yes, yes I am. Thanks for the reminder, 'Flix.

And you know what else? Wisteria Lane is more dangerous than pits of NYC. How do none of the residents question the many many many murders in one tiny subdivision? How many people can die on one cul-de-sac without some kind of police investigation? Yikes.
****

Last week, when I was working on my list of resolutions, I had this page of running ideas. It's borderline frightening how many things I'd like to change about myself, but long story short, I was overwhelmed. Luckily, if I've learned any lessons in 2013, it's that lists work well for me. I decided to categorize my plans and quickly realized that some of my resolutions fell less into daily actions and more into short term goals.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the 2014 bucket list. Not resolutions, but things I'd like to accomplish this year.



And I'm treating this list the same way I treat my resolutions. I make big plans and lots of 'em with the knowledge that some just will not make the cut.

But what if one of them does. Well, quite frankly, that's enough. I'll be different in December 2014 than I was in December 2013 with just one accomplishment and that gives me real joy.

****

Gel pens in various colors also bring me great joy.
That's all. Happy Monday! I hope you're snowed in, off work, and loving it! May you have plenty of grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup to keep you cozy.

Oh, and lots of Netflix too. Don't let them bully you into being productive, 'kay?

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Y'know who Netflix's evil twin is? Pandora. Yes, I'm still listening. I'LL TELL YOU WHEN I'M DONE - DON'T RUSH ME!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Thank you! Don't shame me for being addicted to your product.

    ReplyDelete