Easy Like Sunday Morning

by - 9:12 AM

I just finished writing a really long post, but when I got about three-fourths of the way through, I realized that it wasn't easy like Sunday morning. Too heavy, to filled with struggles, so I'm saving it for another day. Today, there is too much sun in the sky and warm coffee in the percolator, and weekend left in the weekend to dig deep into challenges.

And that is all about that.
***

The week was really a terrific one and this weekend has been sublime. Yesterday the sun peeped out and it was so so wonderful. Seasonal blues defeat me every year, and I am so blessed to break the cycle annually by visiting the sunniest state in the union (IMHO) in March. The countdown is on and I'm really ready to perk up a bit at the sight of blue skies and sun shadows. Yesterday I got a sneak-peek, albeit a cold one, when Michigan enjoyed some much missed sunshine. It's incredible how energizing the sun can be. For the first time in weeks, I felt the ambition to leave my living room.






***
Today the sun is out again and it feels good to see slivers of light casted all over my living room floor. 
***

A couple of weeks ago, my Oma had a birthday. The lady is 80 and we went out to celebrate.

Lunch. Shopping. Coffee. Cookies. Tea. Tiny eclairs. Talking, talking, talking. Quite frankly, I might love her by virtue of simply being family, the truth is, I enjoy her. I have more in common with her than any other human on this earth, even Ryan.































***

So, this fabulous weekend, the sun has been out. I've painted my fingernails four times. I found smokin' deals at Plato's Closet. Ryan's out fishing this morning and I'm indulging in early morning writing to Lana Del Rey and lots of coffee. The truth is, I can't write when Ryan's home. The man who lets me talk all day while he nods politely, suddenly finds lots to talk about when I'm clacking away at my keyboard.

I'm savoring, loving the light and typing feverishly.

Happy Sunday, all.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I can't tell you what the sunshine and warm (by "warm" I mean above 35) temps have been doing for me the past few days! I actually had my window down a crack yesterday as I was driving to work so I could enjoy some fresh air! Heaven! :)
    Happy belated birthday to your Oma! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had two days of 40* temps last Tuesday and Wednesday, and I wore a skirt with no leggings or tights. It was fantastic! And then it dumped another 10 inches of snow over the next three days and we're back down to the negatives this week. Sigh, this northern climate is such a tease. Your Oma looks beautiful - happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete