Just Checking In

by - 11:21 AM

So, there are a lot of things that I am not good at, but consistency? Yes. Got that.
You can count on me to make and drink a full pot of coffee in the AM. I am consistent.
If there is ever a day that I do not paint my nails, it's because I'm dead. I am so consistent.
I write a blog post, once every two weeks. Consistency, ya'll.

Okay, so I take responsibility for this. We're still in the lingering process of moving. Our stuff is here, some of it's in boxes still, but it's here. We live here now. Also, we have no internet and that puts a real obstacle in my blog writing consistency.

But the excellent news is that things are great. Better, really. They're magnificent. If I've learned anything in this move and giant life change it's that, sure, things can always get worse, and that's valuable to know, particularly when one (okay, me) is whiny. But what I think is significantly more interesting is that things can always get better. Even if things feel good and you're flying high high high, things can get even better than that. Always. Consistently.



I was pretty pleased with my life in Lansing. I had a job I liked, lots of friends, and all the material things I wanted. Also, a smokin' hot husband. I could not anticipate how much cooler my life could get. But it did and that is a lesson that will lead me for a long time. It's cheesy, but you know, take chances. Make changes. Do cool stuff. You won't regret it. Pinky-swear.

Case in point -- I sure as hell didn't have this in Lansing. And I never drank my first cup of coffee outside in the Capital City.























Things are finally coming together. Like I said, the process is lingering though. Some days, I pull out twenty-five picture frames and find homes for them. The next day, I put away a book. Slowly but surely.
























There are a lot of really cool things about this new house -- location, obviously, but probably my favorite is the fenced in, good sized backyard. Are you one of those people who can't deny a good dog video on your Facebook feed?

Yeah, me too. I don't have a video and this isn't FB, but I do have happy dogs.



























Life is so cool, right? Flexible and open to change. I had no idea how good things could become, but I'm so glad that we took the risk. It could have been worse, right? We know that. But it could also be so much better and this time around, this game of poker, we had the winning hand.
***

Hey! Cheers to the weekend! And northern Michigan on a Friday night in the summertime. I'd love to see how that can get any better.











You May Also Like

0 comments