I Made Another Cake

by - 8:05 PM

I'm 26, so I make cake now.






No big deal, I mean, it's what adults do. We have cake in adultland. 

As if you're wondering -- but yeah, that's definitely Ryan's contribution right there. 

Anyway, here's the recipe. I followed it exactly, except I also threw in a handful of blueberries. A think a lemon cake is just zingier with blueberries. 

****

The sun is really good and golden right now and it's about to set on another finished weekend. Too bad -- Saturday and Sunday have to be the quickest moving days of the week. I'm not even convinced there's the traditional full 24 hours in those two days. Or maybe good things like laying on the beach and drinking a glass of wine make time speed up. 

Anyway, the sun was less golden earlier and more bright and white. 





We were on the hunt for a good beach and we sort of accidentally ended up on Old Mission Point, which was good enough. Neither I or my Oma have ever been there. It was a good adventure. And anyway, we found a good beach on the way back. 

****

Right around this time of year, I  usually start to really start looking forward to fall. I don't know what's different this year, but I really just wish summer would stick around for a few more months. I don't feel stagnant, and I'm not sick of the heat just yet. I'm really more frozen lemonade and less pumpkin spice lattes right now. I don't miss my jeans or socks and I have no desire to be cozy. 

Maybe it's because summer looks like this. 


























And tastes a little like this--





































I guess what I'm suggesting is please, August, please slow your roll. 

You May Also Like

0 comments