Big Sisters + My Very Interesting Life

by - 8:04 AM

You guys, my two best friends are pregnant now. Which leaves a girl without a lot of drinking partners, actually.

My big sister announced this happy surprise on Friday (which proves the best day of the week actually can be even cooler -- exponentially so).























Of course, my unrelated best friend KJ has been expecting for a while now and the countdown is on. Her husband is still up for day drinking -- thank you sweet baby Jesus, so I didn't have to be judged alone on Saturday morning while the three of us personally opened the local Buffalo Wild Wings at 11am.

****

I'm doing very important things too, if you're wondering. Like finding the most perfect shade of baby pink nail polish on Saturday afternoon. I've only been searching forever. Or since February -- whatever.

I also completely cleared my inbox, which feels like it hasn't been done since 1992, so there's a win as well.

****

So, my weekend was dedicated to a dance recital, and to listening to techno-fied jams while watching little girls show me how agile I never was. It was a good time -- but I couldn't help getting a little Jesus-weeping-in-Gethsemane emotional about my nieces not really being little girls anymore. I'm all about hyperboles this morning, so let's just assume that I've been to only about a hundred of these things. The girls used to be cute and clumsy and full of cartwheels. Now they're all ballet leap-y and kind of graceful. They're actual teenagers now, so maybe it's time I stop referring to them as "little girls". They'd probably appreciate it, anyway.

I took a lot of pictures, so let's talk about the recital another day, yes?

Happy Weekending!

You May Also Like

0 comments