November 15, 2015

by - 9:01 AM

I knew that November was going to move quickly, but it's a little like that time that I knew the ACTs were going to be hard and so I just kind of avoided thinking about it.

No, it's a strategy and it mostly works. Until you meet the moment you should have been preparing for, but that's a different blog post for a different day. Hashtag it sucks.

So, instead of doing things that I should be doing, I've been:

- Painting plaid on my fingernails. Very detail oriented, very time consuming, very avoidance strategy.
- Getting addicted to new music and listening to it on repeat. Hello Hello.
- Reminding Ryan of things that he should do.
- Reading three books at the same time. Crazy Rich Asians, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and the September issue of Vogue (it's the width of my fist -- trust me, it's a book).

But seriously, I knew this month was going to fly because it's power-packed and the good news, most of it's fun. 

Last weekend, my friend KJ hosted a major reunion of all our friends who came from all over the place to watch a baby get baptized. And talk about how much we wish we lived in the same cul-de-sac, Desperate Housewives style (without the weird murders and whatnot). 

Now, at the same time, my sister went into labor with her baby number three. Which broke the plans we had to be together THIS week when she was scheduled to deliver. Whatever, I'm not mad. I took the day off to be with her when she delivered, but instead, spent the day cuddling her week old baby. Her name is Hayden by the way. Her mom was convinced she was a boy the entire time, so she was a bit of a surprise. 

Anyway -- I'll be back to write that story soon. 

And then, as the story chronicles its way out, Ryan and I are right in the middle of the house-buying process. This is the boring part. Nothing happens, except the waiting and random phone calls asking for more documentation that we are indeed married, we do indeed make money, and we are indeed real people with social security numbers. Anyway, I'm supposed to be packing my house, but that's a drag, so instead I'm collecting paint chips and scoping out bathroom vanities. Ryan is delighted by this particular avoidance strategy. It's the first time ever that we BOTH want to visit the hardware store. 

PS -- see those windows? In a fewish weeks, there will be Christmas tree lights perkin' those bad boys up. Fingers crossed. Knock on wood. Don't walk under a ladder. 

Nanowrimo is in full effect. Not that I'm participating this year, because obviously. I'm struggling to talk myself into putting candles into a box, so writing 50,000 words is probably a bit of an unrealistic goal. But good luck to all my writer friends who are pounding the keyboard. 

****

If you follow me on instagram, you've already seen these pictures. Wah-wah. It's been a hot minute since I've pulled out my big camera. Because basically, here's my life, minus the essays, plus the do-the-dishes-go-to-work-take-out-the-trash-and-pack-your-house stuff. Minus the exams, plus the do-the-laundry. Minus the assignments, plus the make-dinner. 


Hey! Happy Sunday!

You May Also Like

0 comments