February 12, 2017

by - 8:37 AM

Who's with me and totally counting down the days to spring. Or, you know what - skip that. Counting down the days to summer, because let's bypass that bi-polar weather teaser that spring can often be, and just hit the 80's. Yes? Anyone?

When Ry and I came to look at our house back when we were looking for our forever home, I was 100% sold on the decks. Ryan was all about the 3-stall garage and the water frontage, but all I could see was myself, a patio table, and a carafe filled with cheap wine. A month later I got pregnant, and that carafe filled with grape juice, but the point is that there is not enough cozy fires or fuzzy blanket sharing to even compete for a second with beverages al fresco.

In the meantime though, we're plodding through the winter months, and for what it's worth, I am kind of enjoying the fire and the blankets. Swap the wine for Moscow mules (our family just discovered these and we are all obsessed), and I can I somehow get through the rest of February, I guess.

And for the record, the dogs are all about this powdery snow stuff.


***

Can I tell you a quick story about my sweet little boy? Sure. Okay, so lately he's been waking up at 5am, which sounds early, but that's when my alarm goes off, so it's no big deal. The cute thing, though, is that when he wakes up, he really doesn't cry, and for the last week or so, I've been waking up to his chubby little hands reaching for me, while he babbles and coos like a little baby lamb.

This morning was a little tough because I could have really gone for, oh maybe 30 more minutes of sleep, but man, how can you be upset even a little when someone so cute is gurgling and smiling at you because they just had the good fortune of waking up to see their two favorite people.

Seriously though, every day I am thankful for the gift of motherhood. Someday when I am old, I will look back and easily pick being a mom as the best gift of my life. I'm sometimes all too aware (and emotional) that Ry and I are living the good old days right now. The scrambling to get out the door in the morning, the dancing in the kitchen while cooking dinner, the dropping like dead people into bed at ten o'clock -- these are the good old days.


***

Okay, now let's do a quick bulleted catch up sesh.
  • Did you happen to catch Jim Jefferies tell Piers Morgan to "fuck off"? I'm really a fan of Jim Jefferies for the same reasons that I'm a fan of Daniel Tosh, so coupled with my political leanings, I would already think this was good and juicy. But then, JK Rowling got caught up in the mix and it got even better.
  • "Celebrity Toady" is my new favorite insult, and I intend to use it liberally. Along with "palace corgi."
  • I made this Raspberry Cream Cheese French Toast for breakfast yesterday, and this Honey Mustard Chicken for dinner earlier in the week. And this is on the agenda for dinner tonight. 
  • When I sneeze, I have to run out of the room. Sneezes startle my infant. Imagine it for a second. Holding a sneeze while I try to secure my baby on a blanket or a bouncy chair is as easy as it is to hold a sneeze when you have food in your mouth. 

Well, I'm off. I have important things to do today, like paint tiny hearts on my fingernails and shop for  rugs. Happy Sunday!

You May Also Like

0 comments