The 30 Things to Do in 30 Days Because I'm Turning 30 List

by - 8:40 PM

I'm turning 30 in a month or so. Actually, that's a lie. I'm turning 30 in 30 days and I won't pretend that I didn't fanatically over plan to post exactly 30 days before my birthday. You know why? Because the 30's is about embracing my true self. I spent the entirety of my 20's trying to figure out what that even means, the end of it trying to tone down the parts that I don't like, and now, going into my 30's -- I am who I am. This is what you get from me, cruel world.

It's maybe weird to think of life in terms of decades, but it's also so standard. Not weird, like so unique -- weird like kind of stupid. Why do we do this? Why is the 20s so separate from the 30s, which are so separate from the 40s? If I've learned anything in the last ten years, it's that I don't really feel any different. But this is how we culturally operate and I'm rolling with it. I'm headed into a new decade and I'm going to new page the shit out of this fresh chapter. Turn the page, but make it a party in the last paragraph of the old one.

In the last few weeks, I started casually writing down all the last minute things I wanted to enjoy and accomplish in my 20s, and with 30 days left before I turn 30, I have a list. The 30 Things to Do in 30 Days Because I'm Turning 30 list. #303030 -- stay with me here. I'm (almost) 30 and hash tagging, but that's because I'm a millennial.





Mostly silly stuff that I just want to do. Nothing life changing, nothing crazy -- I'm sure not redeeming myself or the dumb shit things I did in the early part of the decade. Just some ice cream and early 2000s R&B, but I think it's going to be so fun and maybe, when I'm dragging into the 90's, maybe I'll remember this fondly. Or - ha! - have 90 damn things to do in 90 days. Wouldn't that be a hoot.


You May Also Like

0 comments