WWD + Links

by - 4:55 PM

Hey, happy Monday! It's mostly over, isn't that wonderful?
I had a sick kiddo for the first time ever this weekend and I think we both suffered with not really knowing what to do. He just burned up with fever and man did he cry. I crazy mom'd on Friday morning and started calling the doctors office, like 700 times in a row when they opened up at 8am. But whatever, we got in pronto and basically they knew what it was right away. The bummer news is there's nothing to really do but wait it out. He's mostly back to normal, but he's still really clingy and there's been a lot of tears in the last four days.

Anyway, we popped downstate on Saturday to drop my summer babysitter/niece off at home so she can fetch herself a drivers license. She is truly a top-notch babysitter, and bonus: dog wrangler, so it was tough to see her go, but when she comes back in a few days, I'll be able to be all like, "hey Hayden, can you take my car and grab a gallon of milk?" which is going to rock like crazy.

But for now, while I have to pick up my own milk, let's talk about that weekend. While we were down there, I mean, we might as well enjoy the lake and hang out on the boat with Ryan's family.



It was pretty nice, plus we have the delight of an exquisitely melancholy teenager so at the very least, I'm entertained.
****

Moving right along, linky-links for the week are due. I don't know about you, but I could use some motivation to talk myself into doing all this all over again tomorrow - ha!
  • Okay, one of my favorite days of the year is today and tomorrow (whatever, I'm vapid.) - Prime Day! I've got this, and a ton of boring house stuff like a vacuum that I'm totally excited about, in my basket because it's so dang cute. I just haven't pulled the trigger because I can't make up my mind on which print I want. 
  • I've been thinking about my 30's and also this thing I recently read which boiled down is if you're unhappy, that's your problem to fix. This q&a article about changing your life was so interesting. And reassuring -- it doesn't have to happen when you're 30. Or 40. Or 50. Whenever is just fine. 
  • I've been all about savory oatmeal lately. So good and so filling. I know, it sounds weird, but just trust me on this one. 
  • Two other people in my office and I were wearing this orange-y-red color on our fingertips last week. It's such a good summer color -- most premium with a nice base tan. 
  • Duke B's birthday is coming up and while I'm not much for throwing parties, I think we'll kick it pretty low key with some family and a cake. Now here's where it gets fancy. I have my heart set on making this fun campfire cake, with maybe some rice crispy treats in my back pocket when things go to hell, because obviously.
***

Fresh week and only about five minutes until it becomes a crazy week, because they always do, don't they?

Cheers!

You May Also Like

0 comments