Labor Day Weekend 2018

by - 5:07 PM


The so-called last weekend of summer -- man, it bums me out. I'm just not ready.

I don't know why this summer feels like it just went so fast. I think I say that every year, but really, this year was a quick blink. Did it happen that way to everyone? Did we just, as a group, skip the dog days, or is it just me?

I tried to make good on the summer coming to an end and just packed this weekend with everything. Duke and I ate so much ice cream, went on a ton of drives just to cruise around, and beached in every pocket of sun we got. I mean, it's not enough, but it's a nice way to end things if we're forced.





***
And it was Ryan's birthday! It almost always lands on Labor Day weekend, or close enough, so we can usually count on some cake and ice cream to break-up the fish fries and the burgers and beer.




***
It was all the best of summer crammed into three quick days. It was fishing and having a few drinks.  It was walking to the beach and stopping for ice cream before going home. It was dodging the rain. It was catching up and talking a lot and taking naps in afternoon.




***

Happy Monday guys. Here comes the pumpkin spice everything. 

You May Also Like

0 comments