Weekend Round Up + Links

by - 9:52 PM

Hey guys - how was your weekend? Good? Good.




Okay, so you know my feelings on rushing fall in because PS. it doesn't even start until September 22, but I will not deny that a little 65 degree weather felt pretty friggin' good this weekend. I opened the windows, lit some candles, and put on some socks, delighting in how cozy those little suckers are.

One thing I really started enjoying this summer, more than I ever really have, is going for drives with no destination. It started months ago as a means to get Duke to fall asleep, but I started to really love putting a fresh podcast episode on, rolling down the windows and just cruising around Platte Lake, or Crystal, or up and down 22. So a few times this weekend, I packed Duke up and just sort of started wandering around until we found a park with a slide and decent swing set.

Anyway, I guess what I'm saying is we made good on that low-key weekend plan I talked about on Saturday. We drove around, I listened to both episodes about Wallis Simpson on the History Chicks podcast, and Duke went down the big boy slide like, seventy-four times.

***

Okay! Let's talk links to make Monday a little less stupid. Almost over by the way, so that's a plus, right?

  • Duke's birthday is coming up on Thursday. I'm feeling ambitious and totally open to failure, so what do we think, this one or this one?
  • If you're wondering if it's too late, it's not
  • Okay, I fell so far into the HP rabbit hole HERE. So many links in the links, it's like a Youtube rabbit hole. I couldn't stop. 
  • You guys - red MF'ing alert - Target has a house brand answer to Halo Top. It's cheaper, tastes as good (which, stay with me here because it's low-calorie ice cream so the bar is pretty low) and has 20g of protein, which whatever. I slammed the coffee flavor and have mini donut just waiting in the freezer. 
  • If you've been to Hawaii, can you tell me about it? I have become obsessed in like, a real way. I make a daily pit stop to check out AirBnbs on, oh, any of the islands and start planning my fake life. The one where I work remotely from a deck with SPAM salads and fresh pineapple. Dreaming is free, people, and I'll be imagining myself here if you need me. 
  • Okay, I'm not a Aldi shopper because it's not in a convenient location for me. I told my Oma this and she was like, "you don't like to save money?" Lol. Anyway, this list has me reconsidering. It would be inconvenient to not have these things in my cupboard.
***
Okay guys, I'm going to wrap this up before Monday is actually over - ha! Actually, that's a lie. My priority is going to bed and reading before falling asleep four and a half minutes later. 

Have a great week!

You May Also Like

0 comments