Monday Links: December 10, 2018

by - 5:31 AM

So, I'm here with the song I always sing on Mondays. It's called "Where The Eff Did The Weekend Go?" and it's kind of blue-sy / jazzy. Like if Eartha Kitt was just astounded over and over again about the passing of two days, that's what it would sound like.

Both days sort of got away with me, and I can think of a million excuses for why I didn't do 90% of the things I planned on, but all of them are boring. You know, crappy weather, lack of motivation, the beautiful way it feels to nap instead. Blah blah, whatever.

My son elected to be a maniac all weekend. Bless him. He's just pushing boundaries and curious to see what happens when he stares me right in the face and does exactly what I just told him not to. I'm  pretty curious too, because I don't actually know what to do. Some things, I'm like, cool - you want to fight me to the death about wearing these gloves? Then learn your own lesson. Five seconds later, he's crying about cold fingers and I'm satisfied. That's the best case scenario.

Sunday though, man, that was a day. Around 2, he was down for a nap and I was so wound up I couldn't calm down. Ryan popped on his Dad of the Year party hat and took over the circus while I went shopping solo. I bought exactly zero Christmas presents, and a ton of clothes that I don't need. Three hours later, I drove home crunching on chocolate covered pretzels and and I was feeling damn chipper.

***
Okay! Let's get into it.
LINKS FOR YOUR WEEK:

ONE // Working Mom Realities
Moms, I screamed "yes!" (in my head obviously) at every single slide in this article. Crying at work - check. Feeling spread too thin - check. Trying to do everything and not doing any of it well - check. But I think the valuable thing here is just knowing that probably most working moms feel similarly and if you're winging it, at least you're not alone.

And bonus, while you're on Refinery29's website, check out the Gift Generator.

TWO // Green Hall Way
I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mean, I do -- I know that I really really like a good emerald wall in small doses, and I have this hallway that needs a fresh coat of paint, but I'm not sure I'm going to still like it in six months. It feels like a commitment, to a trend no less. What do you think? Yes or no to gem tones on the wall?

THREE // Why I Quit New York City After 3 Weeks
The older I get, the more I feel this conviction to embrace a simpler life, and so this jump from one dream to a new one really resonated with me. But can you imagine the leap that is? Some people live so fearlessly.

FOUR // Interesting! 
So, big surprise, most people don't actually "wake up like this." I was so fascinated by this photo essay, comparing 7am to 7pm -- the last guy doesn't even look like the same person.

FIVE // Christmas Jazz
I like a little background music to my morning and this is what I've been playing lately. And by lately, I mean every single morning and if I'm home, through the day.

***

Happy Monday guys! Pretend it's Tuesday because trust me, two Tuesdays is better than one Monday.


You May Also Like

0 comments