Thursday v. Saturday

by - 7:20 PM

So this morning, I guess I decided it was actually Saturday and not Thursday. That's obviously because Thursday can't shake a stick at Saturday in terms of outright awesomeness, you know? Saturday has something -- that X factor, that drink-all-day-cause-it's-not-Monday magic, that-breakfast-at-noon recklessness, that go-ahead-and-sleep-in-because-eff-the-world-at-6am spice.

What I'm saying is I overslept. By about an hour and a half. And seriously considered crying because my programmed coffee maker had already turned off by the time I got up and the only reason I drag myself out of bed in the AM was already cold.

Heavy sobs very nearly ensued. But then I looked at my nails and they were a really fabulous shade of shiny red, and somehow, I was okay again.

Alright, that last part isn't real, but I did throw a mug of coffee in the microwave and pull it together. Thursday's the new Monday -- not, tragically, the new Saturday.

***

So, totally unrelated, but check this out:
PS - This was a Saturday thing.



























So, it's cold here now -- waddup winter -- but it's also windy and that is apparently perfect weather for kite surfers. This is a new anomaly to me so I was little wow-now about it. It's really incredible -- the kites are huge -- and there was a pack of surfers on the beach on Sunday. The wind just picks them up and off they go, totally fearless.


Cool, right?

***

Anyway, that's it for me. It's Thursday, after all, and I don't have the time quite like Saturday does.

see you then!


You May Also Like

0 comments