Winter is Boring

by - 10:20 AM

So January is done, thank God.

Winter usually shows it's ugly face right around November or December. But then, it's cool. Like, Santa can't drop by if there isn't a fresh powder coat on my roof, now can he?! It's cheerful and has this really nice relationship with Christmas twinkle lights.

And then, January. And suddenly the snow's all brown and what's not brown is gray, and I'm staring at my flip-flops and thinking about how long it's been since I wore my favorite tank-top. You know, minus the bobillion times I wear it under a sweater, because that doesn't count. But I try to be positive and I think, all I gotta do is get through January, February, and the beginning of March.

So, January's over. February is a short month, and March damn well better bring along some 50-degree days. Things are looking up, folks.

Anyway, it's been a while since I've written here, and I could claim it's because I'm so busy, but really it's more like I really value sleep. In unrelated news, did you know that all ten years of Friends was recently added to Netflix? 

****

I've been really working on becoming interesting lately, so I've talked myself into leaving the house on a Saturday AND Sunday for two weeks in a row. That's a pretty big deal you guys. I chili cook offed, and walked around downtown, and went out for frozen yogurt, and adventured on a peninsula or two, and consumed too much alcohol, and perused a new and exciting antique store, and spent time writing in a bookstore. 

I also recently became an official writer for a local newspaper, contributing to the Style Section, which feels like the first step in a direction that I've always wanted my life to go into. But more importantly, today, it feels like I'm beginning to build something new. I'm putting in some roots and stretching a little - trying to make this place feel like the home I thought it would. 



Actually, I've been doing a lot of writing lately. Teeny-tiny little baby steps that eventually, I know, will turn into real mileage.

****

So it's the Superbowl today, which will henceforth be referred to as the Katy Perry concert with interesting commercials. Last year, Doritos slayed it, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they've got in store this year.

Remember -- Jimmy, you're so old!

Anyway, wait for it -- I'm going to leave my house again for this event. Can you even believe?

****

Alright, so this entire post is a clear indication of why winter sucks. Every single thing is boring. But, moving forward, February is here, 50-degree weather (and beyond!) is on its way, and Friends is on Netflix. So, it's not all bad.

Cheers! Happy Superbowl/Katy Perry Concert Sunday-Funday!




You May Also Like

0 comments