I'm Really Not Up to Much These Days

by - 11:54 AM

Prior to this week, I really thought I was a moderately smart girl.

Then, the snow came.

And as I watched a week's worth of blizzards cover my mailbox completely, I remembered that six months ago, I actively made a choice to move to northern Michigan. That's not the part that disproves my intelligence. The part that really calls it into question is when, in preparation of moving to northern Michigan, I bought a sedan.

I had a vehicular wrestling match with my street twice. Once when I couldn't plow through the snow pile up and even though my speedometer suggested I was going 60 mph, I was actually moving at about 0. And again when I missed it completely and landed in the neighbor's yard.

I just realized why I've never seen a Ford Focus in this town.

****

It's been a pretty uneventful week at Casa Hodges. And to be fair, it historically is, and remains as much until the early part of April. I'm pretty opposed to the winter and usually can find just about no joy in being outside in the cold. Ryan, on the other hand, traveled even further north this weekend to ski in the U.P. Opposites attract and whatnot.

Anyway, it's just me and the pups this weekend, and we're snowed in. We don't ski, so it's a 48-hour Friends marathon on the Netflix machine. We're very happy, thank you very much.

Anyway.


























 ****

In unrelated news, last year I was pretty focused on reading the Bible, so I didn't read other books quite as much as I'd like to. I really wanted to safeguard myself against that this year, so I put together a stack of 12 books that I'd like to plow through. There's one for every month, and they were pretty strategically chosen. There all new ones that I've never read before, and I tried to keep in mind where my head will be each month. We'll see if I did that well.

It started off positively, I just finished up Midwives by Chris Bohjalian and it's a total page turner. A perfect book for January.


****

Well, that's it for me. See what I mean -- totally uneventful. To be honest, landing in my neighbor's yard was kind of my award winner this week. 

Cheers!

You May Also Like

0 comments