17 Weeks

by - 7:01 PM






How far along? 17 weeks
Maternity clothes? Yep. I finally invested in a pair of maternity jeans and a handful of maternity dresses. Fingers crossed the weather gets its shit together and starts warming up, because I'm sick to death of wearing pants. Once it hits 60, it's all dresses, all day. 
Stretch marks? Not yet. I'm enjoying the final days of the rest of my life, stretch mark free. 
Sleep: Good, I'd say. Knock on wood, I haven't had a nightmare in about a week. I guess right now I just feel really exhausted again. All the books say I should feel normal levels of energy in the second trimester, but that's BS. I'm growing human life and it's kicking my ass. I'm so wiped out. 
Best moment this week: Today! I think I felt the baby moving around in there. I was laying down, reading, when I started to feel these little tap-tap-taps on the left side of my stomach. I sat straight up and yelled for Ryan and promptly stopped feeling it. Now I'm getting my crazy lady on, laying around and really concentrating on my stomach. 
Miss Anything? Not really. I started drink coffee again -- chill out, it's decaf -- and mostly I've stopped dreaming about sushi. No reason, maybe I've forgotten how good it tastes. 
Movement: Again, I think so. Tiny kicks from an infant that's the size and weight of a hollow chocolate easter bunny is a little tough to nail down. Side note: why do all the apps suggest a fetus is only size comparable to food?
Food cravings: Steak, as usual. That's it, but gimme all of it. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: On Friday, randomly, I was making dinner and it made me so sick, I didn't even eat any of it. We're talking basic too, folks, because it was me cooking. Rice, broccoli, cheese and chicken and I almost barfed in the rice bowl. Adorable. 
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: Nope. Obviously. 
Symptoms: I feel pretty normal actually. But is shopping a symptom? Because that's out of control. My baby has more shoes than his dad. Not his mom....yet. Give me the summer and we'll reevaluate. 
Belly Button in or out? In. 
Wedding rings on or off? On full time. I was a little prematurely worried about this, but once the first trimester water retention dissipated, everything fits like normal. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: I feel delightful. Blah blah blah, same as always. 
Looking forward to: Feeling more kicks in there. And getting past the "is she pregnant, or did she have Qdoba for lunch?" phase. 
****
PS - Snow in April totally blows, but look how cute Georgie looks with a few flakes on his little face. Isn't he the most precious?



You May Also Like

0 comments