18 Weeks

by - 11:52 AM

It's so strange you guys --like, on Wednesday,  I always feel like the week moves so slowly, but when I consider that I've been pregnant for almost five months, and knowledgeably so for four, it's seems unbelievable how quickly those weeks have gone. Four months that every day, I've woken up knowing that there's a person inside me, growing, somersaulting, learning to recognize the voice of Ursher, baby (I jam loudly on my way into work, with a purpose. I want him to know good music). And I kind of want it to slow down, because I'm in a stage where I am really really enjoying pregnancy.

This week, I felt really good -- really normal. And so now, I feel like I did when I first got the positive -- not sick, not tired, and so excited. This is the good part of pregnancy. I feel excited, but I'm not far enough along to stress about delivery. Also, I can see my toes and can bend over enough to still shave my legs. This stage is nothing but total joy.

I told Ryan a few days ago that I'm starting to really enjoy pregnancy and he said, "yeah? You want to have ten of 'em?"

Not quite. Besides, he just wants an excuse to build out a full fleet of dirtbikes, and I think one excuse is plenty.




How far along? 18 Weeks
Maternity clothes? Yep. Ryan took a picture of me a week ago wearing normal jeans that I'd jiggered with a hair tie, extension cord, and duct tape and I was horrified. We're done with hose. Besides, I think maternity jeans were made by the gods, for the gods. They're so comfortable, I'll probably keep wearing them for life. 
Stretch marks? Nyet. I keep meaning to ask my sister when I can expect them, so Dee -- when you read this....
Sleep: Good! I fluctuate between needing to sleep a hundred hours a night, and needing my normal 7ish hours. I think what I really need is a nap break somewhere in the afternoon. If I could conk out under my desk + be 100% certain that nobody would draw a sharpie mustache on my face, I'd probably do it. 
Best moment this week: He'll kill me for this, but listening to Ryan on the phone with a craigslist stranger. They talked about the normal boring motorcycle stuff, but then I heard him proudly sneak in "I'm expecting a son in September." I thought I loved him already, but I had no idea how much him becoming a dad would expand that love. And if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take my pregnancy emotions and go sob now. 
Miss Anything? Not really. 
Movement: Break my heart -- no. Since last week, I haven't felt a thing and Ryan keeps his hawk eyes peeled on me to make sure I'm not poking my belly or giving it a shake, trying to coax some kicks out of this kiddo. We have different feelings on motivation. Anyway, those tap-tap-taps feel so long ago, I'm not even sure that's what they were. It was probably Sprite, bubbling out of my liver or something. 
Food cravings: I was about to say "nothing" and then I remembered that I bought two pies this week and killed 'em both. So pie. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope! Feeling good. 
Labor Signs: I will shit my pants when I have to actually put something here. 
Symptoms: So, not a lot, but this week, I've noticed my body feeling heavier. I know that I'm carrying about 15lbs more than usual, and holy shiz, that will wear you out. It's like I have a 15lb backpack on, all the time. I climb a set of stairs pretty frequently during the day at work, and I'll usually feel it about halfway up. 
Belly Button in or out? In. 
Wedding rings on or off? On. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: I really feel happy most of the time. And I think Ryan would agree that I've mostly gone back to being normal just on the basis that I don't feel quite so averse and things don't bother me as much as they were when I was dry-heaving all day long. 
Looking forward to: The weather has been really toying with my emotions lately, but there is sunshine and the potential for 60+ degrees coming next week. I'm already looking forward to drinking my coffee on the deck next Sunday. 

****

In other news, this week for the first time, a stranger recognized that I'm pregnant and felt confidently enough to say it out loud. It was a hostess at the Platte River Inn -- we're locals now -- and she breezed by and just said "that's a boy." She's a baby whisperer, I guess. And she wasn't wrong, so maybe I should eliminate the "I guess" part. She's a baby whisperer. 

Happy Sunday!


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Gotta love the maternity jeans!!! I think they look better on me then normal jeans. I love reading your updates!!

    ReplyDelete