20 Weeks

by - 6:40 PM

Everyday, I'm like - today is the day I'm NOT going to be lazy! And mostly that's true, but lately, I expend all of my not-lazy energy at work. I get  home and I'm 1000% lazy, so I acknowledge that I'm behind again in updates, and also, there is no attempted interesting intro. 

I digress. 

How far along? 20 weeks. Halfway there!
Maternity clothes? I can probably phase this one out because you already know how I feel about clothes in general. We play this game at home now. It's called "Do Not Fucking Put Any of Jenn's Clothes in the Dryer." Super fun. Ryan has graduated to level two -- he's much better at this game than I am. 
Stretch marks? Nope, praise Jesus for the invention and current trendiness (and consequent availability) of coconut oil. We'll revisit in the later weeks, which according to my seven pregnancy apps and twelve books, is when they typically will make their unwelcome appearance. 
Sleep: So, I was telling Ryan last night that according to those seven pregnancy apps, our baby probably sleeps about 23hours a day. He said, "sounds like his mom on the weekends." Which is pretty accurate. 
Best moment this week: Well, a few things. So, Ryan and I live on a private road that is about 50/50 summer homes and permanent residences. We just met our next door neighbor yesterday because she hasn't been here all winter. Anyway, she brought monkey bread. We really like her. 
Also, last night Ryan and I were being our regular classy selves, watching Dog the Bounty Hunter. We both fell asleep on the couch, but I woke up because I finally felt those fluttery bubbles popping in my stomach. Our baby does have legs - hallelujah!
Miss Anything? Rare cooked meat. I just don't really care for steak or hamburgers cooked well. I also miss the time when Ryan didn't watch what ingest so closely. I'd probably go ahead and just eat a rare steak if he weren't around. Same goes for peeps. He's real salty when it comes to what I'm feeding his kid. My theory -- I've survived just fine for 27 years eating sugar sandwiches and raw sushi, so the baby's probably going to do alright. 
Movement: Yes! Finally and for sure. Which is great, because I get a little dramatic about things and may have googled 23423 times what it means to feel no movement in the 20th week. And I was pretty sure my baby was dead, or had no legs, or had a variety of non-existant deformities. 
Food cravings: Heavy whipping cream, whipped up stiff with lots of sugar, and some cut up strawberries, because then it's healthy. Duh.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope! Feeling good :).
Gender: This one can be phased out too, unless lightning strikes. Still a boy. 

Symptoms: 
Belly Button in or out? In, but I almost had a heart attack when Ryan pointed out that things are getting shallow in the belly button region. Issue number one, I cannot see my own belly button, so I made him take a picture and show me. 
Wedding rings on or off? On. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pollyanna level cheer, which I know is annoying, but I can't help myself. Isn't it just wonderful?!
Looking forward to: Watching Ryan be a dad. There's a ton of stuff to look forward to, but this one is at the top of the list. 

****

Happy Wednesday! Doesn't it just feel like a Friday :).

You May Also Like

0 comments